Leaving the route from the Ionic calabrian coast near Capo Spulico castle, crusade point of arrival and departure, Oriolo is reached, coasting the river Ferro valley. Oriolo looks the valley from a vintage point on the hill with its castle, a suggestive and magnificent presence. The old village is entered only from two points whereas the main palace, from the 1700, is situated by the river Ferro in the valley. The intervention include the renewal and restructuring of the old village and interventions of new development by the palace including new housing, thermal facilities, piazza, sport facilities for visitors and local community, and local farmers. The village will be totally recuperated with traditional techniques and modern system intended to facilitate their final use as housing, diffuse bed and breakfast residences, traditional arts crafts workshops, integrated tourism facilities, traditional restaurants, and use of the castle as institutional and cultural container.